-->

Saturday, March 2, 2013

March beginnings - nail art & cooking roll!

Started my weekend with anything but work! Had the urge to do another nail art design (most probably from the need to escape my work that is piling up) and what better design than one relating to easter? So here's the assortment of bunnies, chicks and random pastel-ly swirls and dots which are supposed to resemble decorated eggs. Did it all with a toothpick as usual.
Easter nail art design!


Then decided to do thai sticky rice dessert with the reduced price ripe mangoes I picked up a few days ago. Wasn't sure if I could find sticky rice and coconut milk on short notice, but Waitrose didn't disappoint (I LOVE WAITROSE, fav supermarket in the UK). For some reason most recipes called for steaming rice in pots and pans or microwaving, but I just used the rice cooker and it was fine! The steps are easy but I guess a good tip is to skim the thicker layer of cream of the coconut milk to use as topping and the liquidy bottom to soak the rice in after its cooked. Also pre-soaking the rice is important before cooking!


Thai sweet sticky rice mango dessert
Had pancakes for Saturday morning breakfast with tons of cinnamon and a dash of cloves added in the batter. Strawberries were on sale and I wasn't sure then but they are really sweet. :) But I still prefer bananas to sweeten the buttermilk pancakes with. 
Banana, strawberry, maple and cinnamon pancakes


And....today's very normal lunch lol. The erm right photo was aubergines, tomatoes and red onion cheese bake. The veggies were all layered. It taste better than anticipated haha (and better than it looks). I think cheese makes everything better. These two photos are more representative of what food usually looks like pre-arranged X).

Spent the afternoon watching "The Help" (about the point of view of African-american maids in the 1960s during the civil rights movement) and cried 5 times? I don't know why the last few movies I watched all made me tear. It was a good movie which deserved its 8.0 rating on imdb. Silver linings playbook was the previous movie I watched.

Anyway half my weekend is gone and next week will be really busy too. I should really get down to working.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...