-->

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!

Its been a week since I updated, and I think its cause I've been too busy slacking and chilling from everything, including most of the online world. But its 除夕夜 so here's some time off to record the week. 

A week ago, on Saturday we took a ride on the Eurostar across the English channel, pass France into Belgium. Its kinda like a random destination, but since tickets were cheap (on sale for 30pds pp!) and I wanted to get somewhere after being stuck indoor revising the last few weeks, AND I've promised to visit Karlien sometime, there we went. Booked a place at Hotel van Belle in Brussels for 2 nights, which turned out to be a pretty decent basic hotel that I'm glad we picked as its worth the price and the location is not too far off from the train station. (I keep seeing the word "van" everywhere and it turns out it means "of"!). 


Arrived there at night and after walking around the main tourist area namely the Grand Place and its surrounding streets, St Hubert gallery, had dinner at an Italian restaurant (one of the rare few without touts) on Rue de Bouchers.





Grand Place


One of the many Belgium food specialty shops littered around the area.
Window shopping in Gallery St. Hubert
Tintin! and chocolates!
Italian waiter counting the bills.

Anyway, more on the 2nd and 3rd day on a second post.

After I came back, mostly been playing the 3DS spending my time in virtual cartoonized shibuya fighting "noise" in a shinigami game to help the characters survive and regain their life. I quite like this game so far cause it appeals to my interest in Japan (Shibuya fashion and jpop/rock background music, plus I dig the art style.) I'm completing the chapter with Shiki soon, there are 2 more left. Might pace this out more cause the game mechanics rewards players for a more regular progressive play (shutdown time lapse needed for certain exp gain etc).
The world ends with you
As for CNY festivities, well I did go to Chinatown to shop for ingredients for hotpot at Liz's place. There were tons of Chinese shopping for CNY stuff last time and also some western curious onlookers. Also paid a visit to the salon to which had awesome complimentary neck massage and good service (cute welcome message and tea+biscuits/sweets!). Its a Japanese hair salon in Covent Garden called Hayato London! Haircut was average but I think I might be abit harsh.




xxx 新年快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...