-->

Friday, May 31, 2013

2 weeks, 3 papers, freedom! / Memories of Animeskies.

till then, i need to concentrate!!


Recently I did a search for my old anime graphics design website "Animeskies" and ended up on tumblr with tons of pretty pictures like the one above with the hashtag. It was a good decade ago when it was popular (or at least I think it was more so then, or perhaps it was just me who got out of it) to go to graphics sites to get your layouts (found one submission!) blogskins, neopet profile design (called lookups), wallpapers, animation sprites, downloaded calenders, midis, japanese lessons (someone kept a copy of some translations), photoshop tutorials, manga drawing tutorials etc, and such sites even give each other "awards" which are like graphics you can display on your site with an awarded title. 
Like this :P I gave out awards too! Essentially, sites ask you to judge them and you decide the category they receive  X)
Sigh nostalgia. Gone were the heydays! Haha, it was such a teenagish hobby all conjured up with photoshop and dreamweaver and ftps etc. That was around the time when the internet started taking off. I wasn't born into this millenium. u.u


We (I had a team of contributers! Friends, classmates) actually had a good amount of hits too! I had to deal with bandwidth problems and looking for hosts. Started off from angelfire, then to freewebs, then to  Jennifer who hosted us at our last address (animeskies.endlessrain.org) . I actually found an analysis of the website. There were the people back then who frequently comment on tagboards/chatboxes. But I guess now those individual design sites are superseeded by tumblr etc where people post their works directly onto the sharing sites. Oh man, I'm starting to feel old enough for reminscing! The little details from those few years are coming back to me now that I start looking at these things again. Its amazing how much you forget with time. Its only when you look back that you see the things that have changed. My writing 10 years ago was terrible lol. To be fair the graphic designs were very basic too! lol. Teenage hobbies.

Some screenshots of the oldest layouts (yes, it was fashionable to change layouts to version 1.0, 2.0 etc X) )



I don't have a screenshot of the last ever one. :( I could go on forever, but I've been distracted long enough today with 3 days to the exams so... Better get my butt off non-related tabs. :(

Haha, I'll end off with a blinkie from then as seen in the screenshot above! :p Till freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...