-->

Friday, May 3, 2013

[Cover] Princess Mononoke Theme

This is the latest addition to songs from Studio Ghibli movies that I have been covering. Recorded in the summer (no I don't have time to do that now lol.), but as usual, took awhile before I'm comfortable to upload it. Haven't used a reverb in a while, but for this song I think its only fitting! Its my first time uploaded something I sang in English (well for the 2nd half at least!) and I actually think its better than the Japanese part (Yes? No?). Didn't used to like singing cover songs cause I think the Singaporean accent kills it, though by now I'm a little better at hiding it so here it is!



「もののけ」テーマ (JP & ENG) 
Princess Mononoke Main Theme, in Japanese and English
Music composer: Joe Hisashi
Vocal coverー

Lyrics:
めたえるよ 
にざわめくおまえの 

まされたしい 
そのによくたそなたの横顔 


しみとりにるは 

もののけたちだけ 

もののけたちだけ

In the moonlight I felt your heart 
Quiver like a bowstring's pulse 
In the moon's pure light, you looked at me 
Nobody knows your heart 

When the sun is gone I see you 
Beautiful and haunting, but cold 
Like the blade of a knife, so sharp and so sweet 
Nobody knows your heart 

All of your sorrow, grief and pain 
Locked away in the forest of the night 
Your secret heart belongs to the world 
Of the things that sigh in the dark 
Oh the things that cry in the dark

~*~


My other favourite song from this movie is "Legend of Ashitaka", an instrumental piece, which I have linked below. Enjoy! Heartwrenching would be an accurate descriptor.




The music from this movie is so good I actually heard it before watching the film lol. Click play for some epic, dramatic music! This is a collection of pieces, I like the first and later portion! The middle piece is more war/battle-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...